2. How lovely are your rooms, O Lord of hosts!
3. My soul yearns, pines, for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
4. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God!
5. Happy are those who live in your house, continually singing your praise!
6. Happy the pilgrims whom you strengthen, to make the ascent to you.
7. As they pass through the Valley, they make it a place of springs, the early rain covers it with blessings.
8. They go from strength to strength till they appear before God in Zion.
9. O Lord of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob!
10. Look upon our shield, O God; look upon the face of your anointed!
11. One day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be left at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of the wicked.
12. For the Lord God is a sun and a shield; he bestows favor and glory. The Lord withholds no good thing from those who walk in uprightness.
13. O Lord of hosts, blessed are those who trust in you.