1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ. God gave it to him to let his servants know what is soon to take place. He sent his angel to make it known to his servant, John,
2. who reports everything he saw, for this is the word of God and the declaration of Jesus Christ.
3. Happy is the one who reads aloud these prophetic words, and happy those who hear them and treasure everything written here, for the time is near.
4. From John to the seven Churches of Asia: receive grace and peace from him who is, who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits of God which are before his throne,
5. and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has washed away our sins with his own blood,
6. making us a kingdom and priests for God his Father, to him be the glory and power for ever and ever. Amen.
7. See he comes with the clouds and everyone will see him, even those who pierced him; on his account all the nations of the earth will beat his breast. Yes. It will be so.
8. "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, he who is, who was and who is to come: the Master of the universe.
9. I, John, your brother, who share with you, in Jesus, the sufferings, the kingdom and the patient endurance, was on the island of Patmos, because of the Word of God and witnessing to Jesus.
10. On the Lord's day, the Spirit took possession of me and I heard a voice behind me which sounded like a trumpet,
11. "Write down all that you see, in a book, and send it to the seven Churches of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."
12. I turned to see who was speaking to me; behind me were seven golden lampstands
13. and, in the middle of these, I saw someone like a son of man, dressed in a long robe tied with a golden girdle.
14. His head and his hair are white as wool or as snow and his eyes are like flames of fire.
15. His feet are like burnished bronze when it has been refined in a furnace. His voice is like the roaring of the waves.
16. I saw seven stars in his right hand and a sharp, double-edged sword coming out of his mouth; his face shone like the sun in all its brilliance.
17. Seeing him, I fell at his feet like one dead but he touched me with his right hand and said, "Do not be afraid. It is I, the First and the Last.
18. I am the living one; I was dead and now I am alive for ever and ever; and mine are the keys of death and the netherworld.
19. Now write what you have seen, both what is and what is yet to come.
20. Know the secret of the seven stars you saw in my right hand and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven Churches and the seven lampstands are the seven Churches.