0. To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.
1. How lovely is thy dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
2. My soul longs, yea, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
3. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at thy altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
4. Blessed are those who dwell in thy house, ever singing thy praise! [Selah]
5. Blessed are the men whose strength is in thee, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
6. As they go through the valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools.
7. They go from strength to strength; the God of gods will be seen in Zion.
8. O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob! [Selah]
9. Behold our shield, O God; look upon the face of thine anointed!
10. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11. For the LORD God is a sun and shield; he bestows favor and honor. No good thing does the LORD withhold from those who walk uprightly.
12. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in thee!