1. Rejoice in the Lord, you who are just, praise is fitting for the upright.
2. Give thanks to him on the harp and lyre, making melody and chanting praises.
3. Amid loud shouts of joy, sing to him a new song and play the ten-stringed harp.
4. For upright is the Lord's word and worthy of trust is his work.
5. The Lord loves justice and righteousness; the earth is full of his kindness.
6. The heavens were created by his word, the breath of his mouth formed their starry host.
7. He gathered the waters of the sea into a heap, and stored the deep in cellars.
8. Let the whole earth fear the Lord, let the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
9. For he spoke and so it was, he commanded, and everything stood firm.
10. The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations and brings to nothing the peoples' designs.
11. But his plan stands forever, and his heart's design through all generations.
12. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord - the people he has chosen for his inheritance.
13. The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole race of mortals.
14. From where he sits he watches all those who dwell on the earth -
15. he who fashions every heart observes all their deeds.
16. A king is not saved by a powerful army, nor a warrior rescued by his great strength.
17. Don't think that a horse will save you; its great strength does not assure victory.
18. But the Lord's eyes are upon those who fear him, upon those who trust in his loving-kindness
19. to deliver them from death and preserve them from famine.
20. In hope we wait for the Lord, for he is our help and our shield.
21. Our hearts rejoice in him, for we trust in his holy name.
22. O Lord, let your love rest upon us, even as our hope rests in you.