2. With resolve I waited for the Lord; he listened and heard me beg.
3. Out of the horrid pit he drew me, out of deadly quicksand. He settled my feet upon a rock and made my steps steady.
4. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and be awed and put their trust in the Lord.
5. Blessed is the one who relies on the Lord and does not look to the proud nor go astray after false gods.
6. How numerous, O Lord, are your wonderful deeds! In your marvelous plans for us you are beyond compare! How many they are - I cannot tell them or count their number.
7. Sacrifice and oblation you did not desire; this you had me understand. Burnt offering and sin offering you do not require.
8. Then I said, "Here I come! as the scroll says of me.
9. To do your will is my delight, O God, for your law is within my heart."
10. In the great assembly I have proclaimed your saving help. My lips, O Lord, I did not seal - you know that very well.
11. I have not locked up in my heart your saving help, but have spoken about it - your deliverance and your faithfulness; I have made no secret of your truth and your kindness in the great assembly.
12. Do not withhold from me, O Lord, your mercy; let your love and faithfulness preserve me constantly.
13. For troubles beyond number have closed in on me; I am all covered by sins and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and I am losing courage.
14. May it please you, O Lord, to rescue me. Make haste, O Lord, to help me!
15. May those who seek my life be brought to shame and disgrace; may those who want me destroyed be turned back in confusion.
16. May those who taunt me with, "Aha, aha!" be filled with shame and consternation.
17. But may all those who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; and may all who love your saving grace continually say, "The Lord is great."
18. Though I am afflicted and poor, yet the Lord thinks of me. You are my help and my savior - O Lord, do not delay!