2. Help us, O Lord, none of the godly are left, the faithful have vanished.
3. Everyone lies; with flattering lips they speak from a double heart.
4. May the Lord cut off insincere lips, every glib tongue that utters deceit.
5. Many say, "Our strength lies in our tongue. We know how to speak, who will lord it over us?"
6. "The poor are despoiled and the needy suffer, now I will save them," says the Lord. "I will give them security."
7. The promises of the Lord are sure and lasting - silver refined in the furnace seven times and freed from dross.
8. Hold us, O Lord, in your keeping; protect us always from this generation,
9. where the wicked prowl on all sides, and the basest are exalted.