3. Have mercy on me, O God, in your love. In your great compassion blot out my sin.
4. Wash me thoroughly of my guilt; cleanse me of evil.
5. For I acknowledge my wrongdoings and have my sins ever in mind.
6. Against you alone have I sinned; what is evil in your sight I have done. You are right when you pass sentence and blameless in your judgment.
7. For I have been guilt-ridden from birth, a sinner from my mother's womb.
8. I know you desire truth in the heart, teach me wisdom in my inmost being.
9. Cleanse me with hyssop and I shall be clean, wash me, I shall be whiter than snow.
10. Fill me with joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
11. Turn your face away from my sins and blot out all my offenses.
12. Create in me, O God, a pure heart; give me a new and steadfast spirit.
13. Do not cast me out of your presence nor take your holy spirit from me.
14. Give me again the joy of your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit.
15. Then I will show wrongdoers your ways and sinners will return to you.
16. Deliver me, O God, from the guilt of blood, and of your justice I shall sing aloud.
17. O Lord, open my lips, and I will declare your praise.
18. You take no pleasure in sacrifice; were I to give a burnt offering, you would not delight in it.
19. O God, my sacrifice is a broken spirit; a contrite heart you will not despise.
20. Shower Zion with your favor: rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
21. Then you will delight in fitting sacrifices, in burnt offerings and bulls offered on your altar.