1. Hear a just cause, O Lord, listen to my complaint. Give heed to my prayer for there is no deceit on my lips.
2. Let my defense come forth from you; your eyes see what is right.
3. You have probed my heart, searched me at night, tested me by fire, and you have seen no wickedness in me.
4. I have not sinned by my words as others do; I have kept your word and followed your ways.
5. Hold firm my steps upon your path, that my feet may not stumble.
6. I call on you, you will answer me, O God; incline your ear and hear my word.
7. For you do wonders for your faithful, you save those fleeing from the enemy as they seek refuge at your right hand.
8. Keep me as the apple of your eye; under the shadow of your wings hide me,
9. far from my violent pursuers, from the onslaught of the wicked despoilers.
10. Their mouths speak arrogantly; they have shut their hearts to mercy.
11. Now they surround me and track me down, their eyes eager to see me overthrown.
12. Like lions made fierce by hunger, they want only to kill and tear.
13. Arise, O Lord, confront them, overthrow them! May your sword deliver me from the wicked.
14. O Lord, strike them with your hand and give them no share with the living. May their belly be filled with what you have stored for them, and their children have more than enough to leave to their descendants.
15. As for me, righteous in your sight, I shall see your face and, awakening, gaze my fill on your likeness.