2. God is our strength and protection, an ever-present help in affliction.
3. We will not fear, therefore, though the earth be shaken and the mountains plunge into the seas,
4. though its waters foam and roar, though the mountains quake and totter. For the Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob, our stronghold.
5. There is a river whose streams bring joy to the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.
6. God is within, the city cannot quake, for God's help is upon it at the break of day.
7. Kingdoms tottered, nations were in turmoil; at the sound of his voice the earth melts away.
8. For with us is the Lord of hosts, the God of Jacob, our refuge.
9. Come, see the works of the Lord - the marvelous things he has done in the world.
10. He has put an end to wars, broken the bows and splintered the spears, set the shields and chariots afire.
11. Be still, know that I am God. I am exalted among the nations, exalted over the earth!
12. With us is the Lord of hosts, the God of Jacob, our refuge.