2. Hear, O God, my voice as I plead, protect my life from the enemy's threat.
3. Hide me from the scheming of the wicked, from the designs of the evil-plotters,
4. who sharpen their tongues like swords and aim bitter words like arrows,
5. shooting at the innocent from cover, shooting suddenly without fear.
6. They invite each other to evil-doing, they conspire to lay snares, saying, "No one will see us,
7. who will uncover our scheme?" Who peers into man will uncover them.
8. And now God fires his arrows at them and suddenly they are struck down.
9. Their own tongue brought them to ruin and all who see them shake their heads.
10. Everyone will stand in awe; they proclaim the works of God and ponder on his deeds.
11. The upright will rejoice and take refuge in the Lord; the upright of heart will glory in him.