2. O God, show your mercy to me, for my foes are in hot pursuit; they press their attack on me all the time.
3. My accusers pursue me all day long, many attack me.
4. But when I am afraid, O Mighty One, I put my trust in you,
5. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust without fear. What can mortals do against me?
6. All day long they hatch their evil plans, plotting mischief to injure my cause.
7. They conspire and lurk around, watching my every move, bent upon taking my life.
8. They must not be allowed to go unpunished; therefore, O God, in your fury bring the nations down.
9. You have a record of my laments; my tears are stored in your wineskin. Are they not written on your scroll?
10. My enemies turn back when I call on you for help; now I know that God is for me.
11. In God whose word I praise,
12. in God I trust without fear. What can mortals do against me?
13. I am bound to you by vows, O God; I shall offer my thanksgiving.
14. For you have rescued my soul from death and my feet from stumbling, that I might walk in God's presence in the light of the living.