1. For the leader; "upon the gittith." A psalm of the Korahites.
2. How lovely your dwelling, O LORD of hosts!
3. My soul yearns and pines for the courts of the LORD. My heart and flesh cry out for the living God.
4. As the sparrow finds a home and the swallow a nest to settle her young, My home is by your altars, LORD of hosts, my king and my God!
5. Happy are those who dwell in your house! They never cease to praise you. Selah
6. Happy are those who find refuge in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrim roads.
7. As they pass through the Baca valley, they find spring water to drink. Also from pools the Lord provides water for those who lose their way.
8. They pass through outer and inner wall and see the God of gods on Zion.
9. LORD of hosts, hear my prayer; listen, God of Jacob. Selah
10. O God, look kindly on our shield; look upon the face of your anointed.
11. Better one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere. Better the threshold of the house of my God than a home in the tents of the wicked.
12. For a sun and shield is the LORD God, bestowing all grace and glory. The LORD withholds no good thing from those who walk without reproach.
13. O LORD of hosts, happy are those who trust in you!