1. By the streams of Babylon, we sat and then wept as we remembered Zion.
2. When on the poplars we hung our harps
3. our captors asked for song. Our tormentors wanted songs of joy: "Sing to us one of the songs of Zion!"
4. How could we sing the Lord's song in a strange and alien land?
5. If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fall useless!
6. May my tongue cleave to my palate if I remember you not, if Jerusalem is not the first of my joys.
7. Remember, Lord, the Edomites - what did they do when Jerusalem fell? They said "Tear the city down, tear it down to its foundations!"
8. O daughter of Babylon, you will be sacked happy is he who repays you and does to you what you have done to us!
9. Happy is who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks!