2. The heavens declare the glory of God; the firmament proclaims the work of his hands.
3. Day talks it over with day; night hands on the knowledge to night.
4. No speech, no words, no voice is heard -
5. but the call goes on throughout the universe, the message is felt to the ends of the earth.
6. High above, he pitched a tent for the sun, who comes out as a bridegroom from his pavilion, or like a racer joyfully runs his course.
7. Rising from one end, it makes its circuit of the heavens, and sets at the other end; and nothing is hidden from its heat.
8. The law of the Lord is perfect: it gives life to the soul. The word of the Lord is trustworthy: it gives wisdom to the simple.
9. The precepts of the Lord are right: they give joy to the heart. The commandments of the Lord are clear: they enlighten the eyes.
10. The fear of the Lord is pure, it endures forever; the judgments of the Lord are true, all of them just and right.
11. They are more precious than gold - pure gold of a jeweller; they are much sweeter than honey which drops from the honeycomb.
12. They are a light to your servant, in keeping them they win a great reward.
13. But who can discern one's own errors? Forgive the failings of which I am unaware.
14. Preserve me from willful sin; do not let it get the better of your servant. Then shall I walk blameless and innocent of serious sin.
15. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart find favor in your sight, O Lord - my redeemer, my rock!