2. In you, O Lord, I take refuge, may I never be disgraced; deliver me in your justice.
3. Give heed to my plea, and make haste to rescue me. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress for my safety.
4. For you are my rock and my stronghold, lead me for your name's sake;
5. free me from the snare that they have set for me. Indeed you are my protector.
6. Into your hands I commend my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.
7. You hate those who worship worthless idols; but I put all my trust in the Lord.
8. I will rejoice and be glad in your love, for you have seen my affliction, you know the agony of my soul.
9. The hand of the enemy did not grab me; you gave me room to move.
10. Be merciful to me, O Lord, in my affliction; my eyes have grown dim with sorrow, my body emaciated.
11. For my days are wracked with grief, and my years worn out in anguish. My strength fails because of my misery.
12. I have become an object of reproach for my foes and for my neighbors; so horrible to my friends that they hurry away when they see me in the streets.
13. I am like the dead, unremembered; I have become like a broken pot, thrown away, discarded.
14. I hear whispering among the crowd, rumors that frighten me from every side - their conspiracies, their schemes, their plot to take my life.
15. But I put my trust in you, O Lord. You are my God;
16. my days are in your hand. Deliver me from the hand of my enemies, from those after my skin.
17. Make your face shine upon your servant; save me in your love.
18. Let me not be dishonored, O Lord, for I have called on you; but let the wicked lie dishonored and go to the pit never to speak.
19. Let lying lips close in silence, these speaking against the just with malice and arrogance.
20. How great is the goodness which you have stored for those who fear you, which you show, for all to see, to those who take refuge in you!
21. In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human wiles; you keep them in your dwelling, safe from the intrigues of wagging tongues.
22. Blessed be the Lord for his wonderful love! He has strenghtened my heart.
23. I said in my fright: "I have been cut off from your sight!" Yet when I was crying, you heard; when I called for mercy, you listened.
24. Love the Lord, all you his saints! The Lord preserves his faithful, but he fully requites the arrogant.
25. Be strong and take courage, all you who hope in the Lord.