1. O God, endow the king with your justice, the royal son with your righteousness.
2. May he rule your people justly and defend the rights of the lowly.
3. Let the mountains bring peace to the people, and the hills justice.
4. He will defend the cause of the poor, deliver the children of the needy, and crush the oppressor.
5. He will endure as the sun and as the moon through all generations.
6. He will be like rain falling on the fields, or showers watering the earth.
7. Justice will flower in his days, and peace abound till the moon be no more.
8. For he reigns from sea to sea, from the River to the ends of the earth;
9. his foes are crushed before him, and his enemies lick the dust.
10. The kings of Tarshish and the islands render him tribute, the kings of Sheba and Seba bring gifts,
11. all kings bow down to him, and all nations serve him.
12. He delivers the needy who call on him, the afflicted with no one to help them.
13. His mercy is upon the weak and the poor, he saves the life of the poor.
14. He rescues them from oppression and strife, for their life is precious to him.
15. May he live long, may gold from Sheba be given him. May people always pray for him, and blessings be invoked for him all day.
16. May grain abound throughout the land, waving and rustling as in Lebanon; may cities teem with people, as fields with grass.
17. May his name endure forever; may his name be as lasting as the sun. All the races will boast about him, and he will be blessed by all nations.
18. Praised be the Lord, God of Israel, who alone works so marvelously.
19. Praised be his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory! Amen. Amen.
20. This concludes the prayers of David, son of Jesse.