1. Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle -
2. my loving God, my fortress; my protector and deliverer, my shield where I take refuge, who conquers nations and subjects them to my rule.
3. O Lord, what are humans that you should be mindful of them, the race of Adam, that you should care for them?
4. They are like a breath, their days pass like a shadow on earth.
5. Bend your heavens, O Lord, and come down; touch the mountain and make it smoke.
6. Flash forth lightning and rout the foe; shoot your arrows and scatter them.
7. From above, reach down and draw me out of the deep waters, from the hands of foreigners
8. whose mouths speak falsehood, whose words are full of deceit.
9. I will sing a new song to you, O God, I will make music on the ten-stringed harp,
10. for you who give victory to kings and deliver David, your servant.
11. Rescue me from the evil sword and from the hands of foreigners, whose mouths speak falsehood, whose words are full of deceit.
12. May our sons be like plants well-nurtured and full grown, and our daughters like pillars that adorn the corners of the temple.
13. May our barns be full, with every kind of provision. May our sheep increase by thousands, even by tens of thousands, in our pastures.
14. May our cattle be strong and fruitful; and may there be an end to raids and exile, to cries of distress in our streets.
15. Happy are the people so blessed; happy the people whose God is the Lord!