1. Unto the end, in praises, a psalm for Asaph: a canticle to the Assyrians.
2. In Judea God is known: his name is great in Israel.
3. And his place is in peace: and his abode in Sion:
4. There hath he broken the powers of bows, the shield, the sword, and the battie.
5. Thou enlightenest wonderfully from the everlasting hills.
6. All the foolish of heart were troubled. They have slept their sleep; and all the men of riches have found nothing in their hands.
7. At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, they have all slumbered that mounted on horseback.
8. Thou art terrible, and who shall resist thee? from that time thy wrath.
9. Thou hast caused judgment to be heard from heaven: the earth trembled and was still,
10. When God arose in judgment, to save all the meek of the earth.
11. For the thought of man shall give praise to thee: and the remainders of the thought shall keep holiday to thee.
12. Vow ye, and pay to the Lord your God: all you that are round about him bring presents. To him that is terrible,
13. even to him who taketh away the spirit of princes: to the terrible with the kings of the earth.