2. O Lord my God, in thee have I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me.
3. Lest at any time he seize upon my soul like a lion, while there is no one to redeem me, nor to save.
4. O Lord my God, if I have done this thing, if there be iniquity in my hands:
5. If I have rendered to them that repaid me evils, let me deservedly fall empty before my enemies.
6. Let the enemy pursue my soul, and take it, and tread down my life on the earth, and bring down my glory to the dust.
7. Rise up, O Lord, in thy anger: and be thou exalted in the borders of my enemies. And arise, O Lord my God, in the precept which thou hast commanded:
8. and a congregation of people shall surround thee. And for their sakes return thou on high.
9. The Lord judgeth the people. Judge me, O Lord, according to my justice, and according to my innocence in me.
10. The wickedness of sinners shall be brought to nought: and thou shalt direct the just: the searcher of hearts and reins is God.
11. Just is my help from the Lord: who saveth the upright of heart.
12. God is a just judge, strong and patient: is he angry every day?
13. Except you will be converted, he will brandish his sword: he hath bent his bow and made it ready.
14. And in it he hath prepared the instruments of death, he hath made ready his arrows for them that burn.
15. Behold he hath been in labour with injustice; he hath conceived sorrow, and brought forth iniquity.
16. He hath opened a pit and dug it; and he is fallen into the hole he made.
17. His sorrow shall be turned on his own head: and his iniquity shall comedown upon his crown.
18. I will give glory to the Lord according to his justice: and will sing to the name of the Lord the most high.