1. Unto the end, for them that shall be changed, for the inscription of a title, to David himself, for doctrine,
2. when he set fire to Mesopotamia of Syria and Sobal and Joab returned and slew of Edom, in the vale of the saltpits, twelve thousand men.
3. O God, thou hast cast us off, and hast destroyed us; thou hast been angry, and hast had mercy on us.
4. Thou hast moved the earth, and hast troubled it: heal thou the breaches thereof, for it has been moved.
5. Thou hast shewn thy people hard things; thou hast made us drink wine of sorrow.
6. Thou hast given a warning to them that fear thee: that they may flee from before the bow: That thy beloved may be delivered.
7. Save me with thy right hand, and hear me.
8. God hath spoken in his holy place: I will rejoice, and I will divide Sichem; and will mete out the vale of tabernacles.
9. Galaad is mine, and Manasses is mine: and Ephraim is the strength of my head. Juda is my king:
10. Moab is the pot of my hope. Into Edom will I stretch out my shoe: to me the foreigners are made subject.
11. Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?
12. Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go out with our armies?
13. Give us help from trouble: for vain is the salvation of man.
14. Through God we shall do mightily: and he shall bring to nothing them that afflict us.