1. [For the choirmaster Tune: 'Do not destroy' Psalm Of Asaph Song] We give thanks to you, God, we give thanks to you, as we call upon your name, as we recount your wonders.
2. 'At the appointed time I myself shall dispense justice.
3. The earth quakes and all its inhabitants; it is I who hold its pillars firm.Pause
4. 'I said to the boastful, "Do not boast!" to the wicked, "Do not flaunt your strength!
5. Do not flaunt your strength so proudly, do not talk with that arrogant stance." '
6. No longer from east to west, no longer in the mountainous desert,
7. is God judging in uprightness, bringing some down, raising others.
8. Yahweh is holding a cup filled with a heady blend of wine; he will pour it, they will drink it to the dregs, all the wicked on earth will drink it.
9. But I shall speak out for ever, shall make music for the God of Jacob.
10. I shall break down all the strength of the wicked, and the strength of the upright will rise high.