1. The psalm of David when he fled from the face of his son Absalom.
2. Why, O Lord, are they multiplied that afflict me? many are they who rise up against me.
3. Many say to my soul: There is no salvation for him in his God.
4. But thou, O Lord art my protector, my glory, and the lifter up of my head.
5. I have cried to the Lord with my voice: and he hath heard me from his holy hill.
6. I have slept and taken my rest: and I have risen up, because the Lord hath protected me.
7. I will not fear thousands of the people, surrounding me: arise, O Lord; save me, O my God.
8. For thou hast struck all them who are my adversaries without cause: thou hast broken the teeth of sinners.
9. Salvation is of the Lord: and thy blessing is upon thy people.