1. Unto the end, a psalm for David. The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God, They are corrupt, and are become abominable in their ways: there is none that doth good, no not one.
2. The Lord hath looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there be any that understand and seek God.
3. They are all gone aside, they are become unprofitable together: there is none that doth good, no not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre: with their tongues they acted deceitfully; the poison of asps is under their lips. Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness; their feet are swift to shed blood. Destruction and unhappiness in their ways: and the way of peace they have not known: there is no fear of God before their eyes.
4. Shall not all they know that work iniquity, who devour my people as they eat bread ?
5. They have not called upon the Lord: there have they trembled for fear, where there was no fear.
6. For the Lord is in the just generation: you have confounded the counsel of the poor man, but the Lord is his hope.
7. Who shall give out of Sion the salvation of Israel? when the Lord shall have turned away the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice and Israel shall be glad.