1. When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a barbarous people:
2. Judea made his sanctuary, Israel his dominion.
3. The sea saw and fled: Jordan was turned back.
4. The mountains skipped like rams, and the hills like the lambs of the flock.
5. What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou didst flee: and thou, O Jordan, that thou wast turned back?
6. Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams, and ye hills, like lambs of the flock?
7. At the presence of the Lord the earth was moved, at the presence of the God of Jacob:
8. Who turned the rock into pools of water, and the stony hill into fountains of waters.
9. Not to us, O Lord, not to us; but to thy name give glory.
10. For thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake: lest the gentiles should say: Where is their God?
11. But our God is in heaven: he hath done all things whatsoever he would.
12. The idols of the gentiles are silver and gold, the works of the hands of men.
13. They have mouths and speak not: they have eyes and see not.
14. They have ears and hear not: they have noses and smell not.
15. They have hands and feel not: they have feet and walk not: neither shall they cry out through their throat.
16. Let them that make them become like unto them: and all such as trust in them.
17. The house of Israel hath hoped in the Lord: he is their helper and their protector.
18. The house of Aaron hath hoped in the Lord: he is their helper and their protector.
19. They that fear the Lord hath hoped in the Lord: he is their helper and their protector.
20. The Lord hath been mindful of us, and hath blessed us. He hath blessed the house of Israel: he hath blessed the house of Aaron.
21. He hath blessed all that fear the Lord, both little and great.
22. May the Lord add blessings upon you: upon you, and upon your children.
23. Blessed be you of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
24. The heaven of heaven is the Lord's: but the earth he has given to the children of men.
25. The dead shall not praise thee, O Lord: nor any of them that go down to hell.
26. But we that live bless the Lord: from this time now and for ever.