1. A canticle of a psalm for Asaph.
2. O God, who shall be like to thee? hold not thy peace, neither be thou still, O God.
3. For lo, thy enemies have made a noise: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
4. They have taken a malicious counsel against thy people, and have consulted against thy saints.
5. They have said: Come and let us destroy them, so that they be not a nation: and let the name of Israel be remembered no more.
6. For they have contrived with one consent: they have made a covenant together against thee,
7. the tabernacles of the Edomites, and the Ismahelites: Moab, and the Agarens,
8. Gebal, and Ammon and Amalec: the Philistines, with the inhabitants of Tyre.
9. Yea, and the Assyrian also is joined with them: they are come to the aid of the sons of Lot.
10. Do to them as thou didst to Madian and to Sisara: as to Jabin at the brook of Cisson.
11. Who perished at Endor: and became as dung for the earth.
12. Make their princes like Oreb, and Zeb, and Zebee, and Salmana. All their princes,
13. who have said: Let us possess the sanctuary of God for an inheritance.
14. O my God, make them like a wheel; and as stubble before the wind.
15. As fire which burneth the wood: and as a flame burning mountains:
16. So shalt thou pursue them with thy tempest: and shalt trouble them in thy wrath.
17. Fill their faces with shame; and they shall seek thy name, O Lord.
18. Let them be ashamed and troubled for ever and ever: and let them be confounded and perish.
19. And let them know that the Lord is thy name: thou alone art the most High over all the earth.