1. Upon the rivers of Babylon, there we sat and wept: when we remembered Sion:
2. On the willows in the midst thereof we hung up our instruments.
3. For there they that led us into captivity required of us the words of songs. And they that carried us away, said: Sing ye to us a hymn of the songs of Sion.
4. How shall we sing the song of the Lord in a strange land?
5. If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand be forgotten.
6. Let my tongue cleave to my jaws, if I do not remember thee: If I make not Jerusalem the beginning of my joy.
7. Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom, in the day of Jerusalem: Who say: Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
8. O daughter of Babylon, miserable: blessed shall he be who shall repay thee thy payment which thou hast paid us.
9. Blessed be he that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock.