1. A psalm of a canticle, at the dedication of David's house.
2. I will extol thee, O Lord, for thou hast upheld me: and hast not made my enemies to rejoice over me.
3. O Lord my God, I have cried to thee, and then hast healed me.
4. Thou hast brought forth, O Lord, my soul from hell: thou hast saved me from them that go down into the pit.
5. Sing to the Lord, O ye his saints: and give praise to the memory of his holiness.
6. For wrath is in his indignation; and life in his good will. In the evening weeping shall have place, and in the morning gladness.
7. And in my abundance I said: I shall never be moved.
8. O Lord, in thy favour, thou gavest strength to my beauty. Thou turnedst away thy face from me, and I became troubled.
9. To thee, O Lord, will I cry: and I will make supplication to my God.
10. What profit is there in my blood, whilst I go down to corruption? Shall dust confess to thee, or declare thy truth?
11. The Lord hath heard, and hath had mercy on me: the Lord became my helper.
12. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into joy: thou hast cut my sackcloth, and hast compassed me with gladness:
13. To the end that my glory may sing to thee, and I may not regret: O Lord my God, I will give praise to thee for ever.