1. The Lord is the God to whom revenge belongeth: the God of revenge hath acted freely.
2. Lift up thyself, thou that judgest the earth: render a reward to the proud.
3. How long shall sinners, O Lord: how long shall sinners glory?
4. Shall they utter, and speak iniquity: shall all speak who work injustice?
5. Thy people, O Lord, they have brought low: and they have afflicted thy inheritance.
6. They have slain the widow and the stranger: and they have murdered the fatherless.
7. And they have said: The Lord shall not see: neither shall the God of Jacob understand.
8. Understand, ye senseless among the people: and, you fools, be wise at last.
9. He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? or he that formed the eye, doth he not consider?
10. He that chastiseth nations, shall he not rebuke: he that teacheth man knowledge?
11. The Lord knoweth the thoughts of men, that they are vain.
12. Blessed is the man whom thou shalt instruct, O Lord: and shalt teach him out of thy law.
13. That thou mayst give him rest from the evil days: till a pit be dug for the wicked.
14. For the Lord will not cast off his people: neither will he forsake his own inheritance.
15. Until justice be turned into judgment: and they that are near it are all the upright in heart.
16. Who shall rise up for me against the evildoers? or who shall stand with me against the workers of iniquity?
17. Unless the Lord had been my helper, my soul had almost dwelt in hell.
18. If I said: My foot is moved: thy mercy, O Lord, assisted me.
19. According to the multitude of my sorrows in my heart, thy comforts have given joy to my soul.
20. Doth the seat of iniquity stick to thee, who framest labour in commandment?
21. They will hunt after the soul of the just, and will condemn innocent blood.
22. But the Lord is my refuge: and my God the help of my hope.
23. And he will render them their iniquity: and in their malice he will destroy them: the Lord our God will destroy them.