1. Unto the end, destroy not, for David for an inscription of It title, when Saul sent and watched his house to kill him.
2. Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; and defend me from them that rise up against me.
3. Deliver me from them that work iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
4. For behold they have caught my soul: the mighty have rushed in upon me:
5. Neither is it my iniquity, nor my sin, O Lord: without iniquity have I run, and directed my steps.
6. Rise up thou to meet me, and behold: even thou, O Lord, the God of hosts, the God of Israel. Attend to visit all the nations: have no mercy on all them that work iniquity.
7. They shall return at evening, and shall suffer hunger like dogs: and shall go round about the city.
8. Behold they shall speak with their mouth, and a sword is in their lips: for who, say they, hath heard us ?
9. But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them: thou shalt bring all the nations to nothing.
10. I will keep my strength to thee: for thou art my protector:
11. my God, his mercy shall prevent me.
12. God shall let me see over my enemies: slay them not, lest at any time my people forget. Scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord, my protector:
13. For the sin of their mouth, and the word of their lips: and let them be taken in their pride. And for their cursing and lying they shall be talked of,
14. when they are consumed: when they are consumed by thy wrath, and they shall be no more. And they shall know that God will rule Jacob, and all the ends of the earth.
15. They shall return at evening and shall suffer hunger like dogs: and shall go round about the city.
16. They shall be scattered abroad to eat, and shall murmur if they be not filled.
17. But I will sing thy strength: and will extol thy mercy in the morning. For thou art become my support, and my refuge, in the day of my trouble.
18. Unto thee, O my helper, will I sing, for thou art God my defence: my God my mercy.