1. A Psalm of David: to Jeremiah. Above the rivers of Babylon, there we sat and wept, while we remembered Zion.
2. By the willow trees, in their midst, we hung up our instruments.
3. For, in that place, those who led us into captivity questioned us about the words of the songs. And those who carried us away said: “Sing us a hymn from the songs of Zion.”
4. How can we sing a song of the Lord in a foreign land?
5. If I ever forget you, Jerusalem, let my right hand be forgotten.
6. May my tongue adhere to my jaws, if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem first, as the beginning of my joy.
7. O Lord, call to mind the sons of Edom, in the day of Jerusalem, who say: “Despoil it, despoil it, even to its foundation.”
8. O daughter of Babylon, have pity. Blessed is he who will repay you with your payment, which you have paid to us.
9. Blessed is he who will take hold of your little ones and dash them against the rock.