1. A prayer for David himself. Incline thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor.
2. Preserve my soul, for I am holy: save thy servant, O my God, that trusteth in thee.
3. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I have cried to thee all the day.
4. Give joy to the soul of thy servant, for to thee, O Lord, I have lifted up my soul.
5. For thou, O Lord, art sweet and mild: and plenteous in mercy to all that call upon thee.
6. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer: and attend to the voice of my petition.
7. I have called upon thee in the day of my trouble: because thou hast heard me.
8. There is none among the gods like unto thee, O Lord: and there is none according to thy works.
9. All the nations thou hast made shall come and adore before thee, O Lord: and they shall glorify thy name.
10. For thou art great and dost wonderful things: thou art God alone.
11. Conduct me, O Lord, in thy way, and I will walk in thy truth: let my heart rejoice that it may fear thy name.
12. I will praise thee, O Lord my God: with my whole heart, and I will glorify thy name for ever:
13. For thy mercy is great towards me: and thou hast delivered my soul out of the lower hell.
14. O God, the wicked are risen up against me, and the assembly of the mighty have sought my soul: and they have not set thee before their eyes.
15. And thou, O Lord, art a God of compassion, and merciful, patient, and of much mercy, and true.
16. O look upon me, and have mercy on me: give thy command to thy servant, and save the son of thy handmaid.
17. Shew me a token for good: that they who hate me may see, and be confounded, because thou, O Lord, hast helped me and hast comforted me.