1. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord: he shall delight exceedingly in his commandments.
2. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the righteous shall be blessed.
3. Glory and wealth shall be in his house: and his justice remaineth for ever and ever.
4. To the righteous a light is risen up in darkness: he is merciful, and compassionate and just.
5. Acceptable is the man that showeth mercy and lendeth: he shall order his words with judgment:
6. because he shall not be moved for ever.
7. The just shall be in everlasting remembrance: he shall not hear the evil hearing. His heart is ready to hope in the Lord:
8. his heart is strengthened, he shall not be moved until he look over his enemies.
9. He hath distributed, he hath given to the poor: his justice remaineth for ever and ever: his horn shall be exalted in glory.
10. The wicked shall see, and shall be angry, he shall gnash with his teeth and pine away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.