1. A psalm of Asaph. God rises in the divine council, gives judgment in the midst of the gods.
2. "How long will you judge unjustly and favor the cause of the wicked? Selah
3. Defend the lowly and fatherless; render justice to the afflicted and needy.
4. Rescue the lowly and poor; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
5. The gods neither know nor understand, wandering about in darkness, and all the world's foundations shake.
6. I declare: "Gods though you be, offspring of the Most High all of you,
7. Yet like any mortal you shall die; like any prince you shall fall."
8. Arise, O God, judge the earth, for yours are all the nations.