0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1. How long, O LORD? Wilt thou forget me for ever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2. How long must I bear pain in my soul, and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
3. Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4. lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him"; lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
5. But I have trusted in thy steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6. I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.