1. The Lord said to me, "Take a large cylindrical seal and write on it in ordinary characters: Quick to plunder-Booty is Close.
2. Do this before Uriah the priest and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah my reliable witness."
3. I went to my wife; she conceived and gave birth to a son. Then Yahweh said to me, "Call him Quick to plunder-Booty is Close, for this is Yahweh's word:
4. Before the child knows how to say "father" or "mother", the wealth of Damascus and the booty of Samaria will be carried off by the king of Assyria."
5. Again Yahweh spoke to me:
6. "Because this people refuses the gently flowing waters of Shiloah, and cowers in fear before Rezin and the son of Remaliah,
7. therefore the Lord will bring against them the waters of the River, deep and mighty - the king of Assyria with all his pomp. It will rise over all its channels and overflow all its banks;
8. it will sweep on to Judah, it will overflow and pass on, reaching up to the neck. It will spread its wings over the whole breadth of your land, O Immanuel!
9. Know it, O you nations. Hear, O you distant lands; gird yourselves for war and be dismayed!
10. Devise a plan and it will be thwarted, make a resolve and it will not stand, for God-is-with-us.
11. Thus Yahweh spoke to me when his hand grasped me and he warned me not to walk in the way of these people:
12. "Do not speak of conspiracy whenever these people dread conspiracy; do not fear what they fear nor be in dread.
13. Only Yahweh Sabaoth must you hold in veneration, only him must you fear, only him must you dread.
14. He will be a sanctuary and at the same time a stumbling-stone, the rock that brings down, for both houses of Israel. He will be like trap and snare for the people of Jerusalem.
15. Many of them will stumble, many will fall and be broken, be trapped and captured."
16. Yahweh added: "Bind this testimony and seal it in the midst of my disciples."
17. So I will wait for Yahweh who hides his face from the people of Jacob. I will hope in him.
18. Here am I and the children he has given me. We are signs and portents in Israel from Yahweh Sabaoth, who dwells on Mount Zion.
19. Should people tell you to consult mediums and spiritists who whisper and mutter, you must say to them: "A people, of course, must consult its gods! On behalf of the living, will you consult the dead?"
20. This is what is said through the law and revelations: this word will not fade away.
21. Distressed and famished, they will roam the land. In their hunger they will fume and curse their God and their king. They will look upward,
22. and then look towards the earth, but they will only find distress and darkness, and frightening gloom.
23. Yet, where there was but anguish, darkness will disappear. He has just afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali; but in the future he will confer glory on the way of the sea, on the land beyond the Jordan - the pagans' Galilee.