1. Unto the end, for the winepresses, a psalm for Asaph himself.
2. Rejoice to God our helper: sing aloud to the God of Jacob.
3. Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel: the pleasant psaltery with the harp.
4. Blow up the trumpet on the new moon, on the noted day of your solemnity.
5. For it is a commandment in Israel, and a judgment to the God of Jacob.
6. He ordained it for a testimony in Joseph, when he came out of the land of Egypt: he heard a tongue which he knew not.
7. He removed his back from the burdens: his hands had served in baskets.
8. Thou calledst upon me in affliction, and I delivered thee: I heard thee in the secret place of tempest: I proved thee at the waters of contradiction.
9. Hear, O my people, and I will testify to thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken to me,
10. there shall be no new god in thee: neither shalt thou adore a strange god.
11. For I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
12. But my people heard not my voice: and Israel hearkened not to me.
13. So I let them go according to the desires of their heart: they shall walk in their own inventions.
14. If my people had heard me: if Israel had walked in my ways:
15. I should soon have humbled their enemies, and laid my hand on them that troubled them.
16. The enemies of the Lord have lied to him: and their time shall be for ever.
17. And he fed them with the fat of wheat, and filled them with honey out of the rock.