0. To the choirmaster: according to Lilies. A Testimony of Asaph. A Psalm.
1. Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou who leadest Joseph like a flock! Thou who art enthroned upon the cherubim, shine forth
2. before E'phraim and Benjamin and Manas'seh! Stir up thy might, and come to save us!
3. Restore us, O God; let thy face shine, that we may be saved!
4. O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry with thy people's prayers?
5. Thou hast fed them with the bread of tears, and given them tears to drink in full measure.
6. Thou dost make us the scorn of our neighbors; and our enemies laugh among themselves.
7. Restore us, O God of hosts; let thy face shine, that we may be saved!
8. Thou didst bring a vine out of Egypt; thou didst drive out the nations and plant it.
9. Thou didst clear the ground for it; it took deep root and filled the land.
10. The mountains were covered with its shade, the mighty cedars with its branches;
11. it sent out its branches to the sea, and its shoots to the River.
12. Why then hast thou broken down its walls, so that all who pass along the way pluck its fruit?
13. The boar from the forest ravages it, and all that move in the field feed on it.
14. Turn again, O God of hosts! Look down from heaven, and see; have regard for this vine,
15. the stock which thy right hand planted.
16. They have burned it with fire, they have cut it down; may they perish at the rebuke of thy countenance!
17. But let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, the son of man whom thou hast made strong for thyself!
18. Then we will never turn back from thee; give us life, and we will call on thy name!
19. Restore us, O LORD God of hosts! let thy face shine, that we may be saved!