1. For David, when he changed his countenance before Achimelech, who dismissed him, and he went his way. [1 Kings 21.]
2. I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall be always in my mouth.
3. In the Lord shall my soul be praised: let the meek hear and rejoice.
4. O magnify the Lord with me; and let us extol his name together.
5. I sought the Lord, and he heard me; and he delivered me from all my troubles.
6. Come ye to him and be enlightened: and your faces shall not be confounded.
7. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him: and saved him out of all his troubles.
8. The angel of the Lord shall encamp round about them that fear him: and shall deliver them.
9. O taste, and see that the Lord is sweet: blessed is the man that hopeth in him.
10. Fear the Lord, all ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
11. The rich have wanted, and have suffered hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not be deprived of any good.
12. Come, children, hearken to me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
13. Who is the man that desireth life: who loveth to see good days?
14. Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
15. Turn away from evil and do good: seek after peace and pursue it.
16. The eyes of the Lord are upon the just: and his ears unto their prayers.
17. But the countenance of the Lord is against them that do evil things: to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
18. The just cried, and the Lord heard them: and delivered them out of all their troubles.
19. The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a contrite heart: and he will save the humble of spirit.
20. Many are the afflictions of the just; but out of them all will the Lord deliver them.
21. The Lord keepeth all their bones, not one of them shall be broken.
22. The death of the wicked is very evil: and they that hate the just shall be guilty.
23. The Lord will redeem the souls of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall offend.