1. A psalm for David himself. Mercy and judgment I will sing to thee, O Lord: I will sing,
2. and I will understand in the unspotted way, when thou shalt come to me. I walked in the innocence of my heart, in the midst of my house.
3. I did not set before my eyes any unjust thing: I hated the workers of iniquities.
4. The perverse heart did not cleave to me: and the malignant, that turned aside from me, I would not know.
5. The man that in private detracted his neighbour, him did I persecute. With him that had a proud eye, and an unsatiable heart, I would not eat.
6. My eyes were upon the faithful of the earth, to sit with me: the man that walked in the perfect way, he served me.
7. He that worketh pride shall not dwell in the midst of my house: he that speaketh unjust things did not prosper before my eyes.
8. In the morning I put to death all the wicked of the land: that I might cut off all the workers of iniquity from the city of the Lord.