1. Blessed are they whose ways are upright, who follow the law of the Lord.
2. Blessed are they who treasure his word and seek him with all their heart.
3. They do no wrong; they walk in his ways.
4. You have laid down precepts to be obeyed.
5. O, that my ways were steadfast in observing your statutes!
6. Then I would not be put to disgrace, having paid attention to all your decrees.
7. I will praise you with an upright spirit when I learn your just precepts by heart.
8. I mean to observe your commandments. O, never abandon me.
9. How can young people remain pure? By living according to your word.
10. I seek you with my whole heart; let me not stray from your commands.
11. In my heart I have kept your word, that I may not sin against my Lord.
12. Praise to you, O Lord; instruct me in your statutes,
13. that with my lips I may declare all your spoken decrees.
14. I delight in following your laws, more so than in all riches.
15. I will meditate on your precepts and concentrate on your ways.
16. In your laws I will rejoice and will not neglect your words.
17. Be kind to your servant, that I may live to follow your word.
18. Open my eyes that I may see the marvelous truths in your law.
19. Do not hide your commandments from me, a wanderer on earth.
20. My soul is consumed with desire for your ordinances at all times.
21. You reprove the accursed ones who stray arrogantly from your commands.
22. Remove from me their scorn and contempt, since I have followed your precepts.
23. Although princes conspire against me, your servant will observe your decrees.
24. Your laws are my delight, my counselors who uphold me.
25. In the dust I lie prostrate; lift me up, as promised by your word.
26. When I explained my ways, you responded; instruct me then in your precepts.
27. Explain to me all your ordinances, and I will meditate on your wondrous deeds.
28. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
29. Keep me away from deceitful paths; be gracious and teach me your law.
30. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart upon your laws.
31. Since I cling to your decrees, O Lord, save me from disgrace.
32. I will run in the way of your commands, for you have freed my heart.
33. Explain to me, O Lord, your commandments, and I will be ever faithful to them.
34. Give me understanding, that I may observe your law with all my heart.
35. Guide me in obeying your instructions, for my pleasure lies in them.
36. Incline my heart to follow your will and not my own selfish desire.
37. Turn my eyes away from vanities and direct them to your life-giving word.
38. Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that others may revere you.
39. Ward off the reproach I fear, for your law is good.
40. Oh, how I long for your precepts! Renew my life in your righteousness.
41. Give me your unfailing love, O Lord, your salvation as you have promised.
42. Strengthened by my trust in your word, I can answer my enemy's reproach.
43. Take not the word of truth from my mouth, for I would also lose my hope in your word.
44. May I always keep your word for ever and ever;
45. I shall walk in freedom, having sought out your laws.
46. I will proclaim your word before kings, and I will not be confused or ashamed.
47. For I delight in your word, which I fear.
48. I will lift up my hands to you, and meditate on your commandments.
49. Remember your word to your servant, your word which has given me hope.
50. My consolation in suffering is this: that your promise renews my life.
51. Although the arrogant mock me without end, I faithfully cling to your word.
52. When I remember your ordinances of old, I find comfort in them, O Lord.
53. I feel indignant at the wicked who have forsaken your law.
54. Your decrees are the theme of my song, in this my place of exile.
55. Each night I call on your name, O Lord, and renew my vow to keep your word.
56. This has been my practice; I have kept your precepts.
57. You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey your word.
58. With all my heart I have sought your face; be gracious to me according to your promise.
59. I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your paths.
60. I hasten and no longer delay in keeping your commands.
61. The wicked have me trapped in their snares, but I have not forgotten your laws.
62. At midnight I rise to praise you for the justice of your ordinances.
63. I am an ally for those who fear you, for those who keep your precepts.
64. The earth is full of your love, O Lord! Teach me your decrees.
65. You have been good to your servant, Lord, in accordance with your words.
66. Give me knowledge and good judgment for I trust in your commands.
67. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.
68. You are good, and your works are good; teach me your decrees.
69. I am slandered by the arrogant, but I keep your precepts within my heart.
70. Their hearts have become dull, but I delight in your laws.
71. It is good for me to have been afflicted, for I have deeply learned your statutes.
72. Your law is more precious to me than heaps of silver and gold.
73. Give me insight to know your commands, since I have been formed by your hands.
74. Those who fear you will be glad, seeing that I hope in your word.
75. I know, O Lord, that your laws are just, and there is justice in my affliction.
76. Comfort me then with your unfailing love, as you promised your servant.
77. Let your mercy come to give me life, for your law is my delight.
78. Humble the arrogant who oppress me as I meditate on your precepts.
79. Let those who fear you turn to me, they will understand your statutes.
80. May my heart be blameless in your decrees, that I may not be ashamed.
81. My soul longs for your protection; your word is my hope of salvation.
82. I have kept watch for your promise. "When will you comfort me?" I ask.
83. I have become as dry as a wineskin, yet I have not forgotten your statutes.
84. How long must your servant endure? When will you judge my persecutors?
85. The arrogant have dug pitfalls for me in defiance of your law.
86. Your law indeed is trustworthy, when they persecute me, help me.
87. They have almost put an end to me on earth, and yet I have not forsaken your precepts.
88. In your kindness give me life, that I may keep your commands.
89. O Lord, your word stands forever, firmly fixed in the heavens.
90. Your faithfulness lasts throughout the ages - as long as the earth you created.
91. Your ordinances last to this day for all things are made to serve you.
92. If your law had not been my pleasure, I would have perished in affliction.
93. Never will I forget your precepts, for with them you give me life.
94. Save me for I am yours, since I seek your statutes.
95. The wicked lie in wait to destroy me, but I look to your word for salvation.
96. I saw that all perfection is limited but your command is boundless.
97. How I love your law, meditating on it all day!
98. Your command - mine forever - has made me wiser than my enemy.
99. I have more insight than my teachers for I meditate on your decrees.
100. I have more understanding than the elders for I abide by your precepts.
101. I turn my feet from evil paths, that I may keep step with your word.
102. I have not departed from your decrees for you yourself have instructed me.
103. How sweet are your promises to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104. Your precepts have given me knowledge, and I hate all that is false.
105. Your word is a lamp to my feet, a light for my path.
106. I have taken an oath to keep your just commands.
107. I have suffered much, O Lord; renew my life according to your word.
108. Accept my offerings of praise, O Lord, and teach me your decrees.
109. I am ready to sacrifice my life for your Law that is always in my heart.
110. Though the wicked have laid a snare for me, I do not stray from your precepts.
111. Your statutes are my heritage forever, they are the joy of my heart.
112. From age to age, I am determined to fulfill your decrees until the end.
113. I detest double-dealing people, but I treasure your law.
114. You are my shield, my refuge; my hope is in your word.
115. Leave me, you evildoers; let me keep the commandments of my God.
116. May your promise uphold me that I may live; let me not hope in vain.
117. Support me and I shall be safe, and faithfully keep your decrees.
118. You spurn all who stray from your decrees, for vain is their deceit.
119. You discard all the wicked as dross; that is why I love your statutes.
120. My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe before your laws.
121. I have done what is just and right; do not leave me to my oppressors.
122. Guarantee the well-being of your servant; let not the arrogant oppress me.
123. I strain my eyes searching your saving help, watching for the fulfillment of your just promise.
124. Treat your servant with compassion, and instruct me in your decrees.
125. Give me knowledge; I am your servant who desires to understand your statutes.
126. It is time for you, O Lord, to act, for they have broken your law.
127. I love your commandments more than gold - the finest gold.
128. Because my steps are guided by your precepts, I hate all false ways.
129. Wonderful are your decrees; my soul cannot but keep them.
130. As your words unfold, light is shed, and the simple-hearted understand.
131. I gasp in ardent yearning for your commandments that I love.
132. Turn to me then and be gracious as to those who love your name.
133. You promised to direct my steps; free my path from evil.
134. Rescue me from human oppression, and help me keep your precepts.
135. Favor me with your smile and teach me your statutes.
136. My eyes shed streams of tears for those who disobey your law.
137. O Lord, you are just, and your judgments right.
138. You have pronounced your decrees in justice and faithfulness.
139. I burn with zeal, seeing how my foes ignore your words.
140. Your promises have been tested; therefore our servants love them.
141. Though I am lowly and despised, I do not forget your precepts.
142. Your justice is eternal and your Law is true.
143. In calamity and in anguish, your ordinances are my delight.
144. Your statutes are just forever; give me understanding, that I may live.
145. I call with all my heart; answer me, O Lord: help me keep your statutes.
146. I call upon you, save me and I will do your will.
147. Before dawn I rise and cry for help; all my hope is in your word.
148. I lie awake through the night to ponder on your promises.
149. Hear my voice, in your unfailing love; in your justice, O Lord, preserve my life.
150. My persecutors close in with evil intent; they are far from your Law.
151. But you, O Lord, are near, and all your commandments are true.
152. Long have I known that your decrees were founded to last forever.
153. Look upon my suffering and rescue me, for I have not forgotten your Law.
154. Plead my cause and redeem me; and, as you promised, give me life.
155. Salvation is far from the wicked, for they do not seek your statutes.
156. Great is your compassion, O Lord; renew my life according to your word.
157. Many foes persecute me, but I have not turned away from your law.
158. I look upon the faithless with loathing, because they do not obey your ruling.
159. See how I love your precepts; give me life, O Lord, in your kindness.
160. The essence of your word is truth, everlasting are your just ordinances.
161. Rulers persecute me for no cause, yet my heart stands in awe of your words.
162. Your word filled me with joy: I found there great riches.
163. I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love your law.
164. Seven times a day I praise you for your just ordinances.
165. Lovers of your Law have found great peace; nothing can make them stumble, not even distress.
166. O Lord, I wait for your salvation, and I keep your commands in faith.
167. My soul clings to your words for I truly cherish them.
168. I obey your precepts and your decrees; my ways are always before you.
169. Let my cry come to you, O Lord; give me understanding according to your word.
170. May my prayer come before you; rescue me as you have promised.
171. Let my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees.
172. Let my tongue sing of your good news, for all you say is true.
173. Let your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts.
174. I long for your salvation, O Lord; I delight in your law.
175. Long may I live to sing your praise, may your ordinances always be my help!
176. Like a stray sheep I wandered about - come and look for your lost servant. See that I have not forgotten your commands.