1. A Canticle in steps. When troubled, I cried out to the Lord, and he heard me.
2. O Lord, free my soul from lips of iniquity and from the deceitful tongue.
3. What will be given to you, or what will be added to you, for a deceitful tongue?:
4. the sharp arrows of the powerful, along with the burning coals of desolation.
5. Woe to me, for my sojourning has been prolonged. I have lived with the inhabitants of Kedar.
6. My soul has long been a sojourner.
7. With those who hated peace, I was peaceful. When I spoke to them, they fought against me without cause.