0. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Psalm of David.
1. Answer me when I call, O God of my right! Thou hast given me room when I was in distress. Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer.
2. O men, how long shall my honor suffer shame? How long will you love vain words, and seek after lies? [Selah]
3. But know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him.
4. Be angry, but sin not; commune with your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. [Selah]
5. Offer right sacrifices, and put your trust in the LORD.
6. There are many who say, "O that we might see some good! Lift up the light of thy countenance upon us, O LORD!"
7. Thou hast put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.
8. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for thou alone, O LORD, makest me dwell in safety.