0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1. The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
2. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge.
3. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard;
4. yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,
5. which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs its course with joy.
6. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat.
7. The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
8. the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9. the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever; the ordinances of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
10. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
11. Moreover by them is thy servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
12. But who can discern his errors? Clear thou me from hidden faults.
13. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.
14. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.