0. To the choirmaster. A Maskil of David, when Doeg, the Edomite, came and told Saul, "David has come to the house of Ahimelech."
1. Why do you boast, O mighty man, of mischief done against the godly? All the day
2. you are plotting destruction. Your tongue is like a sharp razor, you worker of treachery.
3. You love evil more than good, and lying more than speaking the truth. [Selah]
4. You love all words that devour, O deceitful tongue.
5. But God will break you down for ever; he will snatch and tear you from your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living. [Selah]
6. The righteous shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying,
7. "See the man who would not make God his refuge, but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and sought refuge in his wealth!"
8. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God for ever and ever.
9. I will thank thee for ever, because thou hast done it. I will proclaim thy name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.