0. A Song of Ascents.
1. Remember, O LORD, in David's favor, all the hardships he endured;
2. how he swore to the LORD and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob,
3. "I will not enter my house or get into my bed;
4. I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids,
5. until I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob."
6. Lo, we heard of it in Eph'rathah, we found it in the fields of Ja'ar.
7. "Let us go to his dwelling place; let us worship at his footstool!"
8. Arise, O LORD, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might.
9. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness, and let thy saints shout for joy.
10. For thy servant David's sake do not turn away the face of thy anointed one.
11. The LORD swore to David a sure oath from which he will not turn back: "One of the sons of your body I will set on your throne.
12. If your sons keep my covenant and my testimonies which I shall teach them, their sons also for ever shall sit upon your throne."
13. For the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation:
14. "This is my resting place for ever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
15. I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy.
17. There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed.
18. His enemies I will clothe with shame, but upon himself his crown will shed its luster."