0. A Psalm of David.
1. Hear my prayer, O LORD; give ear to my supplications! In thy faithfulness answer me, in thy righteousness!
2. Enter not into judgment with thy servant; for no man living is righteous before thee.
3. For the enemy has pursued me; he has crushed my life to the ground; he has made me sit in darkness like those long dead.
4. Therefore my spirit faints within me; my heart within me is appalled.
5. I remember the days of old, I meditate on all that thou hast done; I muse on what thy hands have wrought.
6. I stretch out my hands to thee; my soul thirsts for thee like a parched land. [Selah]
7. Make haste to answer me, O LORD! My spirit fails! Hide not thy face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the Pit.
8. Let me hear in the morning of thy steadfast love, for in thee I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to thee I lift up my soul.
9. Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies! I have fled to thee for refuge!
10. Teach me to do thy will, for thou art my God! Let thy good spirit lead me on a level path!
11. For thy name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life! In thy righteousness bring me out of trouble!
12. And in thy steadfast love cut off my enemies, and destroy all my adversaries, for I am thy servant.