0. To the choirmaster: according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.
1. For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
2. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly moved.
3. How long will you set upon a man to shatter him, all of you, like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
4. They only plan to thrust him down from his eminence. They take pleasure in falsehood. They bless with their mouths, but inwardly they curse. [Selah]
5. For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him.
6. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
8. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. [Selah]
9. Men of low estate are but a breath, men of high estate are a delusion; in the balances they go up; they are together lighter than a breath.
10. Put no confidence in extortion, set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
11. Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God;
12. and that to thee, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For thou dost requite a man according to his work.