0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. A Song.
1. Praise is due to thee, O God, in Zion; and to thee shall vows be performed,
2. O thou who hearest prayer! To thee shall all flesh come
3. on account of sins. When our transgressions prevail over us, thou dost forgive them.
4. Blessed is he whom thou dost choose and bring near, to dwell in thy courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, thy holy temple!
5. By dread deeds thou dost answer us with deliverance, O God of our salvation, who art the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of the farthest seas;
6. who by thy strength hast established the mountains, being girded with might;
7. who dost still the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, the tumult of the peoples;
8. so that those who dwell at earth's farthest bounds are afraid at thy signs; thou makest the outgoings of the morning and the evening to shout for joy.
9. Thou visitest the earth and waterest it, thou greatly enrichest it; the river of God is full of water; thou providest their grain, for so thou hast prepared it.
10. Thou waterest its furrows abundantly, settling its ridges, softening it with showers, and blessing its growth.
11. Thou crownest the year with thy bounty; the tracks of thy chariot drip with fatness.
12. The pastures of the wilderness drip, the hills gird themselves with joy,
13. the meadows clothe themselves with flocks, the valleys deck themselves with grain, they shout and sing together for joy.