0. To the choirmaster: according to The Dove on Far-off Terebinths. A Miktam of David, when the Philistines seized him in Gath.
1. Be gracious to me, O God, for men trample upon me; all day long foemen oppress me;
2. my enemies trample upon me all day long, for many fight against me proudly.
3. When I am afraid, I put my trust in thee.
4. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust without a fear. What can flesh do to me?
5. All day long they seek to injure my cause; all their thoughts are against me for evil.
6. They band themselves together, they lurk, they watch my steps. As they have waited for my life,
7. so recompense them for their crime; in wrath cast down the peoples, O God!
8. Thou hast kept count of my tossings; put thou my tears in thy bottle! Are they not in thy book?
9. Then my enemies will be turned back in the day when I call. This I know, that God is for me.
10. In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise,
11. in God I trust without a fear. What can man do to me?
12. My vows to thee I must perform, O God; I will render thank offerings to thee.
13. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, yea, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.