0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1. I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
3. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.
4. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods!
5. Thou hast multiplied, O LORD my God, thy wondrous deeds and thy thoughts toward us; none can compare with thee! Were I to proclaim and tell of them, they would be more than can be numbered.
6. Sacrifice and offering thou dost not desire; but thou hast given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering thou hast not required.
7. Then I said, "Lo, I come; in the roll of the book it is written of me;
8. I delight to do thy will, O my God; thy law is within my heart."
9. I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; lo, I have not restrained my lips, as thou knowest, O LORD.
10. I have not hid thy saving help within my heart, I have spoken of thy faithfulness and thy salvation; I have not concealed thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness from the great congregation.
11. Do not thou, O LORD, withhold thy mercy from me, let thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness ever preserve me!
12. For evils have encompassed me without number; my iniquities have overtaken me, till I cannot see; they are more than the hairs of my head; my heart fails me.
13. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me! O LORD, make haste to help me!
14. Let them be put to shame and confusion altogether who seek to snatch away my life; let them be turned back and brought to dishonor who desire my hurt!
15. Let them be appalled because of their shame who say to me, "Aha, Aha!"
16. But may all who seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee; may those who love thy salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!"
17. As for me, I am poor and needy; but the Lord takes thought for me. Thou art my help and my deliverer; do not tarry, O my God!